Landmark Dedications

The Bay View Historical Society Landmark Dedications

The South Shore Yacht Club (SSYC), 2300 East Nock Street, became Bay View Historical Society’s (BVHS) 27th landmark on Saturday, June 11th. Landmarking was in conjunction with SSYC’s Review of the Fleet, which opened the club’s sailing season. The day’s events began at noon and lasted until 10:00 PM. It was free and open to the public. BVHS and SSYC coordinated the day’s events with a souvenir booklet.
The day’s first event was the landmarking at 12:30 PM at the club’s front gate. BVHS President Hannah Hazelberg and Landmarks Historian Ron Winkler presented the plaque. SSYC was founded in 1913 and its current clubhouse, designed by Russell Barr Williamson, dates from 1935. After the dedication, tours of SSYC were provided. Review of the Fleet was from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. The ceremony began with our National Anthem and included a memorial service. This Bristol event (conforming to the highest standards of seamanship) captured the color, splendor and pageantry of summer on Lake Michigan with cannons, bells and music. It concluded with a Boat Parade.
Food was available for purchase from 6:00 to 8:00PM. There was also live music by Litmus Vinyl from 6:30 to 10:00 PM.

Invited guests include politicians as well as area yacht club commodores, members of the Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol, Fire Department and Port of Milwaukee.

Photos

Check out some photos from our 27th Landmark Dedication at South Shore Yacht Club.

Pin It on Pinterest